|The purpose of the Retail Business Solutions department is to assist Member retailers in improving their bottom-line profitability through the selection, implementation, and utilization of automated retail systems.
Member Retailer goals can be achieved by utilizing AWG Retail Systems services including:
- Professional consulting
- Project management and coordination
- Implementation, training, and support consultation
- Customized price files, reports, and shelf labels
- Electronic retail pricing support systems
- Preferred and tested retail systems solutions
- A small business loan with preferred vendors
- Assistance on evaluation and system selection
In today’s rapidly changing and confusing retail systems environment, AWG offers Member retailers a single source for all retail system's needs, through a partnership with progressive retail vendors.
Point of Sale (POS) Vendor Partnerships are:
- Supports Catapult
- North Country Business Products (NCBP)
Supports LOC, NCR, Toshiba (IBM)
- Retail Data Systems (RDS) and S4
- Springfield Business Systems (SBS)
Supports NCR, Toshiba (IBM)
Supports NCR, Toshiba (IBM)
Software as a Service (SAAS) Vendor Partnerships are:
- AC Nielsen – Pricing Analytics
- Aperion – Electronic Shelf Labels
- Brdata – Backoffice Solutions
- CoinCloud – Crypto currency exchange (ATM)
- Fiserv / First Data - Electronic Funds Transfer / Credit Card processing services / Cash Management Safes
- Future Proof Retail – Scan and Go Technology
- Grocery Order Tracking (GOT) – Advanced store ordering and analytics
- i3 International – Security Camera Surveillance
- Messagewrap – Convery Belt Technology and Advertising
- MobileDemand – Tablet Technology
- Pangea - Sign and label printing software
- PFSBrands – Occupancy Monitors / Hot Case Camera
- Retail Grocery Association and Trustwave – Store Data Security / PCI Compliancy
- Shoppermotion – Store Traffic Analytics
- Simbe Technology – Robotic Shelf Management
- T4 Solutions – Ecommerce Lockers
- Takeoff Technologies – Micro Fulfillment Centers
- TimeForge – Labor Management and Employee Communication
- Velocity – Digital Signage
- Water Station Technology – Automated Bottleless Waterstations
AWG is focused on the needs of our retailers and finding solutions for the business challenges they face everyday. AWG offers a suite of services offered to AWG member retailers, providing solutions in diverse areas. Today, these services cover the important areas of communication, ordering, pricing, print solutions, ad planning and scan programs.
STOREFRONT – Portal that delivers AWG content of our Members.
ORDERING SYSTEM - Enhanced ordering application that provides SMART ordering information in a high-speed broadband environment through an AWG solution and a vendor partner, Grocery Order Tracker (GOT) - Advanced store ordering and analytics.
RETAIL PRICING APPLICATION - This pricing application supports AWG house zones, custom pricing, real-time information, warehouse item visibility, item movement, deal information provides convenient access from anywhere. Recently, AWG launched a new pricing application, giving the retailer visibility to net unit cost.
PRINT - AWG has partnered with Pangea to work with member retailers on retail print solutions. Pangea provides printed tags, shelf markers and ad signs as well as many other retailer's needs. Retailers can go online to view, edit and custom-order their in-store signage. One additional benefit is the option to have a dedicated printer installed in store for everyday use. As part of the in-store solution, the printer and toner are provided at no cost. Stores pay for tag or sign inventory and a minimal click charge.
AD PLANNING - The multifunctional ad-planning system of AWG’s partner Aptaris incorporates many features. The ad planner not only builds an ad or TPR (Temporary Price Reduction) program, but also handles the billing, pre-booking, in-store signage program, ad layout, ad calendar and data mining features. It began as a solution for the existing in-house ad groups and is now available for all members to utilize.
WEB-BASED SALES ORDERING - AWG web-based sales promotions include sales, specials, and discounts offered online. We have designed a variety of programs and services to give our member retailers the best opportunity to improve their bottom line.
- Web-Blasts - limited time deals
- Web-Selling Events - on-line book events
- Food Show Ordering
- eComm - Promotional, signs, textiles, & more
ELECTRONIC PRICE FILE HOSTING - The AWG Electronic Price File Hosting System allows our member retailers to retrieve item file maintenance directly from the AWG FTP systems with their on-site computer. Member retailers can review, organize, and save files to a database. Other types of information sent to the AWG FTP Host Files include deals and allowances, TPRs (Temporary Price Reductions), and electronic label files.