If you are currently considering AWG as your supplier, or if you are thinking about owning your first store, Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc. (AWG) offers a total program that can accommodate your needs.
When joining AWG, you become part of one of the most successful wholesalers in the country. AWG is the largest retailer-owned grocery co-op in the United States, currently serving over 3,800 member stores from 10 distribution centers.
As a retailer-owned cooperative, we provide members with the lowest cost of goods every day and also return all profits back to our members.
• AWG is 100% retailer owned
- Profits are returned to AWG members
- All Board of Directors members are AWG retailers
• Strong Financial Results
- AWG’s 50-year sales trend has a compound annual growth of 8.5%
- AWG’s 50-year patronage dividend has a compound annual growth rate of 11%
• Low expense ratio
• Low mark-up policy
• Members benefit from the collective buying power of a $10B cooperative.
- AWG is a top 5 customer of many major CPG companies
- AWG is one of the largest customers of many major producers, packers and growers
• Valu Merchandisers Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of AWG, provides members with 40,000 skus of home, beauty, & wellness, general merchandise, and specialty foods.
• Best in Class store brands program, with annual sales over $1B per year.
New Member Support
All divisions are supported by a Retail Development Manager whose goal is to strengthen the base of our organization and to increase both the size of our trade area and our market share within our trade area. This individual is responsible for onboarding new members.